From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of franz9000
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2014 11:18 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: how to escalate IBM software support ticket

we do shutdown the conversion process before save.
Also end all communications and subsystems (basically our version of a endsbs *all-we have many client apps making sql calls into the DB2 and we need to cut all that off to get a good save) We still do SAVACT just in case some IBM process still in use.
I know there are issues with IFS locking but they did put the parm on the SAV cmd...
which why we go to all the issues of ending subsystems.

If you went through this 2 years ago, do you unload the catalogs prior to the save?
We were told it was not required.
I have saved individual catalogs to save file to take the tape drive out of the process.
Also have saved single catalogs to tape.
Jim