Client Access Modify Issue

fixed

Came across an issue with Client Access 7.1 today. I had installed just the
5250 portion at one of our retail stores last week. Today they needed the
Data Transfer services (and, yes, we do have a license). Oh, and the PC is
running Win7.

When I went to "Modify" the install by selecting the Data Transfer feature,
it told me (after a minute give-or-take) to insert Disk 1. It was a bloody
DVD! Selecting 'Okay' had no effect, except to redisplay the message.

So I removed Client Access and then re-installed both 5250 and Data Transfer
in a single install. Tested both functions successfully and drove back to
Nashville.

Just curious if anyone else has ever encountered this issue and/or any
idea/guess what I did wrong during the "Modify" phase. Come to think of it:
Probably not much of a problem since (a) everything finally got installed,
and (b) I get paid by the hour, including travel.

Jerry C. Adams

In the sciences the authority of thousands of opinions is not worth as much
as one tiny spark of reason in an individual man. -Galileo

IBM i Programmer/Analyst