On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 12:36 PM, Gary Thompson <gthompson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There's a system call named "stat" on both Unix and Windows, that
retrieves three times. "Access" time and "content modification"
time have the same meaning on both systems,

That's interesting to me because it's a significant difference between
what I see on iSeries where "Access" time and "content modification"/
"Changed" time values seem to be handled in a more logical or "correct"
way ?

I don't know what you mean by more logical or correct. Well, first of
all, I don't know what iSeries behavior you're referring to. I mean,
how is it handling the timestamps, and what about that handling is
*different* (never mind more logical or correct) than Unix or Windows
handling?

John