Again, since often more than one point in a reply gets ignored, let me
reiterate:
<snip>
First is if possible have a shared session at the HMC itself already
running.
</snip>

Always!!!
If you start a remote session and it makes you verify the password then
CAUTION! You should go to the HMC and start a 'shared' session there.
Then, when you connect remotely it should have you enter the password only
once. The double entry is your flag that you do not have a shared session
running directly on the HMC.
Do not only be concerned about the timeout. Think communication drops,
power failure at your home, any number of issues.
After being at a mini Common at Dallas with Larry and trying to initialize
disk for the umpteenth time that was back at the office I had the operator
start a local shared session directly on the HMC. After that I could
initialize disk, RCLSTG, save, whatever. In the middle of any of that I
could shutdown my PC, start it back up and reconnect and get right back
in.
The only way to fly...