Re: Hardware attachability question

fixed

On Thu, 15 May 2014 16:34:25 -0400, "Steinmetz, Paul"
<PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Did you consider converting the 3995 optical data to IFS, eliminate the hardware.

Our corporate headquarters went from a jukebox to store reports and
scanned images to an InfiniVault model 35. That's about the extent of
what I know about it.

We have way too much stuff to even consider storing it in the IFS. One
of the main reasons for replacing the jukebox was that it could hold
200 platters (IIRC) but that wasn't enough to store everything. The
operators kept having to play swap-the-platters when people wanted to
look up older stuff. The InfiniVault has enough capacity to hold it
all.

Ken