From: D*B <dieter.bender@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, 15 May 2014, 8:10
Subject: Re: IBM i 7.1 IT4J: JAVA_OPTS

... the envvar has to be set before the JVM is started and the JVM is started only once in a job. You would win speed and use less resources and full control for JVM settings, using an asynchronous approach and for calling java main routines my open source command runjavarun (available at sourceforge project appserver4rpg) could do this for you.

D*B
-- This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list