Rob,

Do you already have a Power8, if so, which model?

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2014 8:59 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: 7.1 TR8 vs 7.2

TR8 is not a prerequisite to move to 7.2.
TR8 is a prerequisite to stay at 7.1 yet move to Power 8.

We will put 7.1TR8 on many lpars. These lpars are all at Power 6 with some really old funky hardware. Therefore I cannot load 7.2 on them. So I will load 7.1TR8 on them, move them to Power 8 and then upgrade them to 7.2.

I have one lpar which may stay at 7.1TR8 for awhile. At least until we migrate off of Quickr.