Re: can this reject bad data?

fixed

<snip>
I strongly suggest using some sort of UDF
</snip>

And I strongly suggest to use a translation table to join away all bad data. A table with a real date field and all kinds of huddle formats will have some thousand records for 100 years, easy to use, very stable and fastest and easiest solution to do things like this.

D*B