Re: How to check if a specific job is running on a different iSeries box

fixed

Not quite what was asked....but interesting none the less.

This works, at least in interactive SQL. (v7.1 and TR7)

> connect to REMOTESYS (as defined in WRKRDBDIRE)
> SELECT * FROM TABLE(QSYS2/GET_JOB_INFO('000000/QSYS/SCPF')) A

Drawbacks:
need to know exact job,user,number
must be on V7.1 and TR7
TR8 allows for "*" job name

Other than that I used Scotts UDF presentation recently. very good.
http://www.scottklement.com/presentations/RPG%20User%20Defined%20Functions%20%26%20Table%20Functions.pdf

should be able to use idea for QUSLJOB api to look for a specific job name.

Local or remote should not matter.

--
Bryan