Re: No Power7 to Power8 MES upgrade option, entitlements, cores, etc.

fixed

1: During the COMMON presentation IBM said they really tried to get a MES
upgrade to work. Really tried. But there were some financial and legal
reasons why they just couldn't do it for this time. Many apologies given.
Your serial number is going to have to change.

2: Yes, I believe that RPG is still single threaded. However I've rarely
come across a box that only runs one RPG program at a time. Very few
people buy a Power 8 as a personal single user laptop. And if that person
is also using SQL or any number of other functions these often will take
advantage of threading.
You may also be running Java, WAS, Domino, or other products which hunger
for threads.