Warning - Change in column names returned by SQL stored proc compiled on v5r4 vs 7.1 TR7

fixed

All,

Hopefully this will save somebody a few hours..

I had a stored procedure that returned a results set

DECLARE C1 CURSOR WITH RETURN FOR
SELECT WORDERNUMBER
FROM SYSIBM . SYSDUMMY1 ;

WORDERNUMBER is a variable set inside the proc.

When the proc was originally compiled, the system assigned a generated name
of "00002" to the column in the result set

Recompiling at 7.1 TR7 and the column is now named WORDERNUMBER.

Which caused a bit a a problem for the client app consuming the result set
:/

I haven't (yet) opened a PMR, but I'm guessing IBM would respond that it
was a bug in v5r4 that was fixed. Not sure if the MTU calls out the
change. I'll look back over it later.

Charles