Re: Writing Bar Codes to a Lexmark Printer

fixed

Print files are the easy way.

Forget the Magnum stuff.

HPT will also work with overlays that contain barcodes
but a simple print file is your easy way.

On 4/25/2014 4:28 PM, Dan Rasch wrote:

I have been
assigned to solve a problem with a print file.

The problem is that the old green bar printers, I believe
were Infotronix, and had a Magnum option to print bar codes.

We have new Lexmark printers, specifically model MS811dn,
and need to mirror that logic.The program we use had Magnum logic to create the bar codes and the RPG O specs looked like this:

* Start MAGNUM
line

E 14
H01R01 1
0

'¬PY¬-'

'¬F¬-'

* Reveiver
authorization number, human
readable

'¬M0101000'

'¬T0000'

'¬D'

'Receiver#: '

POMRCV
3

'¬D'

* Receiver
authorization number,
barcode

'¬M0200000'

'¬T0222'

'¬BX9A1122'

POMRCV

'¬G'

*
Department/subdepartment
numbers

'¬M0101000'

'¬T0860'

'¬D'

'Dept/SubDept: '

PODPT

'/'

POSDPT

'¬D'

* End MAGNUM
line

'¬PN¬-'

Does anyone have experience working with Lexmark on iSeries using RPG?
Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you.
Dan Rasch