Re: Writing Bar Codes to a Lexmark Printer

fixed

What kind of bar code?

Think you're not going to get the lexmark to understand Magnum...you might
need something like this
http://www.twindata.com/atc.htm

However, the native spooling system can print most barcodes take a look at
the DDS keyword BARCODE.

Host print transform can send *AFPDS spool files with barcodes to ASCII or
you could look at getting an IPDS module for the lexmark (and PSF/400) if
you don't already have it.

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 4:28 PM, Dan Rasch <drasch27@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have been
assigned to solve a problem with a print file.

The problem is that the old green bar printers, I believe
were Infotronix, and had a Magnum option to print bar codes.

We have new Lexmark printers, specifically model MS811dn,
and need to mirror that logic.The program we use had Magnum logic to
create the bar codes and the RPG O specs looked like this:

* Start MAGNUM
line

E 14
H01R01 1
0

'¬PY¬-'

'¬F¬-'

* Reveiver
authorization number, human
readable

'¬M0101000'

'¬T0000'

'¬D'

'Receiver#: '

POMRCV
3

'¬D'

* Receiver
authorization number,
barcode

'¬M0200000'

'¬T0222'

'¬BX9A1122'

POMRCV

'¬G'

*
Department/subdepartment
numbers

'¬M0101000'

'¬T0860'

'¬D'

'Dept/SubDept: '

PODPT

'/'

POSDPT

'¬D'

* End MAGNUM
line

'¬PN¬-'

Does anyone have experience working with Lexmark on iSeries using RPG?
Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you.
Dan Rasch