www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com

On 4/26/2014 10:20 PM, Steinmetz, Paul wrote:
Larry,

Isn’t the multiple NWSD that are really gaining the performance. The additional NWS
added to a pair are only adding space, not performance.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of DrFranken
Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2014 9:58 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Distribute IBM i on available disk units Was: 70GB load source and 5 other drives

It is both.

The first recommendation is is to create two vSCSI pairs between the host and client. One pair is used ONLY for tape and optical virtualization and the second pair for the initial set of disks. Use the
RSTDDEVRSC(*ALL) Parm on this and all disk only vSCSI pairs.

Once you exceed the recommended maximum disk units per vSCSI pair then create additional pairs as needed for more virtual disks.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com