Each NWSD has an entry on the host configuration in the HMC. One server
scsi entry for each client.

Now, I have this one machine that has a HUGE, busy, guest. That has 2 or
3 server scsi entries for that one guest and each server scsi entry has a
client scsi entry. Why the multiples? Because there's a limit to the
number of NWSSTG items per NSD.

WRKNWSD
Network
Server Text
MAIL1 MAIL1, Domino Guest lpar
MAIL1D1 MAIL1, More disk drives
MAIL1TO MAIL1, Tape and Optical

All three of these point to just one lpar.

WRKNWSSTG
MAIL1D101 MAIL1D1 1 *DYN *UPDATE
MAIL1D102 MAIL1D1 2 *DYN *UPDATE
MAIL1001 MAIL1 1 *DYN *UPDATE