On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 10:05 PM, <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Several releases ago IBM altered the CHGPF command. You no longer had to
do this.

Perhaps you knew this. Perhaps the difficulty is not that you didn't know
this but perhaps you ran into some situations where the process didn't
work right because of the LF's had some special situation unknown to me.
Which is it?

Well, I know that our system was way out of date for many years, with
no prospect of upgrading, so there were a number of cool features
(RPG, CL, as well as some operating system stuff) that I remember
thinking "oh that sounds nice, but since we'll never see another
version until the building is destroyed in a fire, there's not much
chance for me to use this information". (I was not prepared to engage
in arson just to get a better iSeries experience.)

So, recently, to my amazement, we did finally upgrade to V5R4, and
then to 6.1. Ultimately, it's my own fault that I forgot the cool new
stuff. (I was excited to upgrade iSeriesPython from 2.3.3 to 2.7,
though.)

Rob, I think my first exposure to the upgraded CHGPF command was one
of the times that you mentioned it on this list.

John

This thread ...