Hi John -

On Fri, 25 Apr 2014 16:25:18 -0400, John Yeung
<gallium.arsenide@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Perhaps my memory is foggy (this situation hasn't come up for me in
quite a while), but in order for logicals not to need "refreshing"
(for us that always meant recompiling, but perhaps you can get away
with just CHGLF?) the LF has to be defined with LVLCHK(*NO), doesn't

No, it doesn't.

If the logical has an explicit list of fields, and those fields are
not changing, the record format of the logical file will not change.
So even with LVLCHK(*YES), there won't be a level check.