Other things get released in the same time frame. For example, the full free format in RPG was released with TR7 but was not part of TR7. You have to get a separate PTF for the RPG stuff.

I hope I've confused y'all thoroughly!

Vern

On 4/25/2014 2:17 PM, Scott Mildenberger wrote:
I saw that the Power 8 will run 7.1 at TR8 or later.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles Wilt
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2014 12:53 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Power 8 supports 7.1?

From the archives...wondering if this is still the case..

Steve Will responded with these corrections:
=================================================== The next generation of servers following POWER7® / POWER7+™ is not planned to support IBM i 6.1 and will require IBM i 7.1, or later.

Read more at: http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/201310/msg00225.html © midrange.com

That'd be nice, as it'd give me an upgrade path from my 515 running 7.1 to a Power 8 running 7.1 followed by an upgrade to 7.2

Charles