From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Richard Schoen
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2014 10:43 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LPAR Theory Question

We currently are using the IBM VLP to host images for us.

VLP has the ability to backup and restore an image as a new LPAR with all new settings.

If I have the following would it work:

- An IBM I V7R1 LPAR running and configured.

- Back it up.

- Restore it as a new LPAR with new numbers and settings.

- Run both LPARS side by side

Thinking in the same way that VMware does partitions.

Trying to create master IBM i images that can be snapped and restored easily.

Any feedback appreciated.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
Where Information Meets Innovation
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com<http://www.rjssoftware.com/>
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801