Pete Helgren,

I think we're both stumbling along this evolutionary trail.

Yes,
<snip>
"More arms is good" even if they are virtual. Again, something I didn't
appreciate
initially and had to wrap my head around.
</snip>
That one had to be beaten into me. Repeatedly. Somethings are just so
easy for the veterans out there that I have to force myself to remember
how hard it was for an old S/36 programmer like me to grasp the concept of
a source physical file (Member? <other comment deleted>).

<snip>
Curious about VIOS though...will it need it's own physical drives or can
I just carve out a couple of LUN's and allocate them to VIOS when I
rebuild this thing?
</snip>
Tangentially, I will say that I was not impressed with trying to host
internal disk via VIOS to my lpars of IBM i. The people I talked to
suggested that I reserve hosting IBM i disk under vios to only SAN
attached storage. And not internal drives. I think assuming that I don't
know from shinola about some of this stuff is a pretty fair bet.