From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Buck Calabro
Sent: 16. april 2014 16:21
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: What's your favorite way to determine who has an IFS File lock?

On 4/16/2014 9:48 AM, Jim Oberholtzer wrote:
We need to determine what process is locking an IFS file. After a
V5R4 to
V7R1 upgrade, a process that worked well is crashing, we think, due to
longer locks on IFS objects.

Don't know about favourite, but here is one way:
CALL QP0FPTOS PARM(*LSTOBJREF '/dir1/dir2/file.log' *FORMAT2)

You need *SERVICE, as it generates a spooled file dump.

Dawn May wrote about using Navigator:
http://ibmsystemsmag.blogs.com/i_can/2012/05/display-file-usage-information.html

Carsten Flensburg wrote DSPIFSLCK:
http://iprodeveloper.com/no-topic/apis-example-display-ifs-object-locks

This communication is intended only for use by the addressee.It may contain confidential or privilegedinformation.
If you receive this communication unintentionally, please inform us immediately and delete this e-mail and any attachments.
Warning: Although we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, we cannot accept
responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.