Re: What's your favorite way to determine who has an IFS File lock?

fixed

On 4/16/2014 9:48 AM, Jim Oberholtzer wrote:
We need to determine what process is locking an IFS file. After a V5R4 to
V7R1 upgrade, a process that worked well is crashing, we think, due to
longer locks on IFS objects.

Don't know about favourite, but here is one way:
CALL QP0FPTOS PARM(*LSTOBJREF '/dir1/dir2/file.log' *FORMAT2)

You need *SERVICE, as it generates a spooled file dump.

Dawn May wrote about using Navigator:
http://ibmsystemsmag.blogs.com/i_can/2012/05/display-file-usage-information.html

Carsten Flensburg wrote DSPIFSLCK:
http://iprodeveloper.com/no-topic/apis-example-display-ifs-object-locks