Re: CLP pgm with 2 paramters intermittently getting garbage when called from AJS

fixed

Hi Rob -

On Thu, 10 Apr 2014 07:21:49 -0400, rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

When you think about it I can't see why it wouldn't have the same issue.

I use the CMD parameter myself, but I've heard from others (probably
on this list) that RQSDTA does *not* have the same issue.

The SBMJOB issue is not exactly the same as the command line CALL
issue.

For the command line call, if you specify the trailing blanks you're
good.

For SBMJOB, any trailing blanks are truncated down to 32 bytes when
the command is stored in the job queue job entry.

My understanding is that this truncation takes place only for the CMD
parameter, and that the RQSDTA parameter is placed in the job queue
job entry *exactly* as specified.

Ken