Re: Betr.: Re: Problems converting spoolfile to PDF with Infoprint Server

fixed

At 10" of available width and 189 columns, you are looking at a CPI of about 19 character/inch. That would suggest to me a lines/inch of maybe 10 or 12? In any event, it would seem not worth printing as I can not imagine it being legible. Perhaps the printer can print to legal size paper? At 13" of available print width you are looking at something around 15 CPI; still small, but at least legible.

Having faced this problem several years ago, I found two solutions that seemed to meet user requirements better than spool files. One solution was to deliver the report in a spreadsheet and let the user deal with the printing isssues. (In my case, the users decided very quickly that their need for a printout was not all that important after all. It was right on their PC and they were happy.) The second solution was to deliver these reports as an HTML file on an Intranet page set up in the IFS. Again, users liked that solution. That isn't all that tough if you get someone to prepare your .css file for you.