GB Ethernet and Switch Flow Control

fixed

I have a client where their network switches default a parm called
flow-control to On.
They have discovered with some of their non-iSeries HW that setting causes
a performance issue. I have been asked what is the preferred setting ( or
do we care? ) for use with iSeries GB NICs.

IBM Support's answer was since they don't have a parm to set in the iSeries
then they don't care.

Any body has a better answer?

Thanks