On Thu, 03 Apr 2014 16:19:18, Vernon Hamberg wrote:

EIM and SSO is not new software - it is all on the system already and
has been since at least V5R2.

It is all configuration - and that would involve some dollars, due to
time, at least.

EIM is nicely described as a mapping from Windows user names to IBM i
user names - they don't have to be the same, nor do the passwords need
to be the same - once authenticated by Windows AD, IBM i trusts the
Active Directory server, so you are let in the door at Joe's Pool Hall
and Emporium.

Synchronizing becomes a non-issue.

Vern, I did not know that EIM was bundled with the OS. Time constraints will
probably rule out
using it, but it sure looks interesting from what I'm reading at the
InfoCenter. Thanks!