Taking Chuck's question as a nudge to pick one of the lists, I've
chosen the broader one, because the book isn't just about RPG.

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 4:16 PM, Monnier, Gary <Gary.Monnier@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
First off, before I start, please don't assume I am against the
books contents.

Nothing of the sort. You were very clear in your overall praise of
the book, as was every other commenter that I have seen so far.

Books are sold by their cover art and titles. Not every title captures
everyone's imagination.

Sure. But I think a title containing the word "modernization" will
capture more people's imaginations than one containing the word
"decoupling".

I disagree with your assessment that a slightly negative implication
is desirable. "Everything works right now. Why bother migrating?" -
This has held true for change of any kind for as long as I can remember.

Of course this is true. If something is currently working, there is
definitely a case to be made for leaving it alone. But if you're
going to leave things alone, then why do you need or want a book about
migration OR decoupling? And if you don't need a book, then what
difference does it make what its title is?

I believe the current title is both accurately descriptive and
enticing for people who might actually make use of the book.

John Y.