Two things:

1) I was referring to the size of the directories, not individual file. Sorry for any ambiguity.

2) Not really concerned about the disk space, but the impact of saving that many IFS objects. I may try your suggestion of CHGATR ATR(*ALWSAV) VALUE(*NO)

If I do it to just the /instancecache directory, I presume it will stop all the sub-directories being saved.

Sam