From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2014 3:01 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: V6R1 to V7R1 i5/OS upgrade questions

Paul,

When upgrading to the same release you should follow the instructions "Replacing Licensed Internal Code and IBM i of the same version and release" at http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rzahc/upgradesameversion.htm
This was initially created for people upgrading from V5R4M0 to V5R4M5 or
6.1.0 to 6.1.1. It could also be applicable to those upgrading from beta code to current code. Or those upgrading from one resave to another (if you just really wanted to do it this way).

The steps there are suggesting a 'Manual' IPL and whatnot.
I did notice those steps leave out any LPP's. Which, if your goal is to get all PTF's is not going to make you happy if you're missing a PTF for
5770ST1 for example.
There's a possible check - DSPPTF 5770ST1.

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755