Yes it will be on all 7.1 lpars.
It may not be directly off of the root. If one reads the link it says it
creates it off of the home directory of the person the job runs under.
I do not consider 85MB "quite a bit of space". On my smallest lpar it's
1/100th of 1 percent of space. 70GB "iseries" drives are going for $30 on
ebay. (88mb/70000mb)*$30=$0.04 worth of disk space. My generous offer of
a dime, providing you send the preaddressed stamped envelope, still
stands.