Re: CPF3777 on GOSAVE #21 spooled files

fixed

The "not saved" information is recorded in the joblog and\or the OUTPUT(); the best information IMO is in the joblog. I would suggest changing the GO SAVE option-21 processing to collect either or both; e.g. adding OUTPUT(*PRINT) to the save request(s) and\or DSPJOBLOG OUTPUT(*PRINT) at the (ab)normal exit-points.

<http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rzaiu/rzaiurzaiu263.htm>
_Determining objects that are not saved_
"...
When the system cannot save an object, the system skips that object and writes an entry to the job log. Verifying the job logs that the system creates by your save procedures is very important. If you have very large save operations, you might want to develop a program that copies the job log to a file and analyzes it.

You can specify OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) INFTYPE(*ERR) on the SAVLIB, SAVOBJ, and SAVCHGOBJ commands. This creates an output file that only contains entries for those objects that the system did not save. Refer to the online command help for more information about the specific command.
..."

<http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rzaiu/rzaiusaveoutput.htm>
_Interpreting output from save commands_

You can use these save commands or APIs to direct output to an output file.
The control language (CL) provides descriptions for the three parameters that allow you to direct save output to an output file: File to receive output (OUTFILE), Output member options (OUTMBR), and Type of output information (INFTYPE).
..."

Regards, Chuck