I believe SQL uses that entry to connect to the data base. When using that
name I can connect from another iSeries petition and extract data to my
local data base. Great for populating my test partition with current
production data.

Insert into lib/localfile
Select * from ProdSvr/lib/remotefile

Jim Essinger
Western Power Sports
Boise, ID

Hi Folks, when we cutover to our new iSeries the *LOCAL RDBDIRE changed
from our system name to our new serial number. My question is what gets
affected by this change? Is it just ODBC connections?
Thanks, Frank