Thanks for the help.
Will try it out in the morning.

Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steinmetz, Paul
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2014 12:29 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: SOAP, SSL and RPG

Rich,

Here's and IBM doc with our customization included.

IBM Software Technical Document
Document Information
Document Number: 592289479
Functional Area: Operating System
Subfunctional Area: Programming
Sub-Subfunctional Area: IWS Client
OS/400 Release: 5.4.5; 6.1; 6.1.1; 7.1; V5R4M0; V5R4M5; V6R1M0; V6R1M1;
V7R1M0
Product: OS/400 BASE (5722SS100)
400-03 EXTND BASE DR (5722SS1ED)
I5/OS (5761SS1ED)
EXT BAS DIR (5770SS1ED)
Product Release: 5.4, 6.1, 7.1

Document Title
Setting Up a Client to Consume a Web Service Over an SSL (HTTPS) Connection

Document Description
There are some additional steps that need to be performed when setting up a
client application to consume a Web service over a secure (https)
connection.

As with any secure connection, you need to ensure that the CA certificate
from the HTTPS server is in the *SYSTEM certificate store on the System i.
By default, many of the commonly used CA certificates are shipped with
Digital Certificate Manager (DCM). You can view the CA certificates that are
in the *SYSTEM store using DCM. If the CA certificate for the server that
you wish to connect to is not in the *SYSTEM store, you need to obtain a
copy of it from the server administrator (or extract it using browser tools
while connected to the secure site), and then import it into the certificate
store. You should refer to Rochester Support Center knowledgebase document
548824369, How to Import a CA Certificate into Digital Certificate Manager:
for more details on how to import a CA certificate.

Once you have imported the CA certificate, you need to edit the axiscpp.conf
file, which is in the following path:
/qibm/ProdData/OS/WebServices/V1/client/etc/axiscpp.conf

You can edit this file directly; however, it is strongly recommended that
you place a copy of the /etc directory from the above path into another path
on the System i. If you make a copy, you need to set the environment
variable AXISCPP_DEPLOY to point to the path containing the new /etc
directory. For example, if you copied the /etc directory from the above
location to /tmp, you would set the AXISCPP_DEPLOY envvar to /tmp. You can
use either *SYS or *JOB for the environment variable; however, *SYS will
cause the configuration file to be read for any job consuming a Web service.
If you edit the axiscpp.conf file in the original directory, be aware that
this file can be replaced when PTFs are loaded.

Here is a sample of how you would code the axiscpp.conf file:

************Beginning of data************** # The comment character is '#'
# Available directives are as follows
#
# ClientWSDDFilePath: The path to the client WSDD # SecureInfo: The GSKit
security information #

Channel_HTTP_SSL:/QIBM/ProdData/OS/WebServices/V1/client/lib/libhttp_channel
ssl.so
SecureInfo:/qibm/UserData/ICSS/Cert/Server/DEFAULT.KDB,default,GTE
CyberTrust Global Root,07,05,35,false

Note that the first parameter (parameters separated by commas) in the
SecureInfo statement is the path to the *SYSTEM certificate store in DCM,
and the third parameter is the name of the CA certificate that you imported
into DCM.

Pencor specifics below.

1 Path and contents of copied