Rob is this PPC64 power linux.

Hope this might help, search on firmware

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 2:11 PM, <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok, y'all know how there is firmware that goes on your FSP, right? And if
you have an HMC it's best to use that, if not, and you have a single lpar,
it's ok to flag that lpar as firmware controlling?
And you know how you put PTF's on IBM i that may also upgrade raid cards
etc (mostly the MF* series of PTF's)?
Apparently there are firmware fixes for Linux that I wasn't aware of, but
I guess this makes sense. We have this really old installation of Suse
Linux that they are trying to finally utilize the extra disks I put in a
few months back and they're thinking it might be because the firmware on
the raid card is rather old. The consultant was asking me if it's ok to
upgrade the firmware on this raid card.

I always like those "do you have a spare raid card laying around in case
this goes bad?" type of questions.

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive