HMC Upgrade and the Magic Key

fixed

OK I knew this answer once but it has been a while. During an HMC Upgrade
using Recovery Media, at the the end of the first DVD, the HMC posts a
question about wanting to install additional software ( I think that is
correct ).there are 2 options It appears that I should press a '1' to
continue and what I expect to see is it eventually tell me to put the
next/#2 DVD in the machine and probably press enter or some such thing.

What I get is nothing on the screen and if I press enter it just repeats
itself. I have tried recently to use the both the 10key #1 and QWERTY #1
with the same results.

What am I supposed to press? this as happended to me at multiple levels of
HMCs and with a mix of keyboards