How old are your HMC Consoles?
There is some memory corruption that seems to occur over a great length of
time. One reason we reboot our HMC's once a quarter, shortly before that
weekend in which we actually use the console sessions. At the remote site
(to me anyway, known as the main plant to everyone else) we have a KVM. I
can reboot the HMC using the normal web interface. Where the KVM comes
into play is starting the shared console sessions. The only other time we
lose sessions is when we do a disruptive firmware upgrade and IPL the
whole rack. Again, the KVM helps out there.

There are two frustrating things about our current KVM setup.
1 - Demands a speedy connection. Otherwise the mouse never gets any
degree of accuracy. I've driven in solely because of this at times.
2 - Look at your laptop keyboard. See those numbers on your JKLUIOM...
keys? Knowing whether or not numlock is on is difficult. I try to type
in a 'visible' field first. When the first field you're typing in is a
password field it's a little difficult.