I looked at the group ptf cover letters for both 7.1 and 6.1. Both
updated the same day 2/25/14.
The page source for the individual PTFs mention 2/26.
IDK why the 6.1 hiper didn't include it but the 7.1 hiper did.

IBM does look at the number of people who order a PTF. If there's a PTF
that's only been ordered once by one person it may never make it on a
cume. The thought process being that if more people order it and it still
doesn't smoke their system then maybe they should release it on a cume.
IDK but I though Hiper's worked differently.
Lack of people still running 6.1 but now using SAS instead of SCSI drives?