From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of DrFranken
<midrange@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2014 5:47 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Upgrade disk drives in cec on v6r1 from 35gb to 70gb disk
drive

"It Depends."

Are you willing to expose your data during the migration? If not then
save to tape (TWICE) followed by a restore to disk is most likely the
safe option.

However, You have indicated that you have other units so that leaves
hope to move without losing protection. (Backups are still near
mandatory of course!)

You didn't say but because you have 35GB units and 8 of them and i 6.1
you must have a Power5 server model 520 or 525. So that means a FC #5709
or #5727 Raid enabler. RAID sets on that card are compatible with
several other available cards so need to know if you have four slots
open on another card and what the RAID card is there. The drives would
be there temporarily during the copy enabling RAID protection during the
entire process.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com