When restoring multiple libraries (18) via an automated process from LPAR
A to LPAR B, RSTLIBBRM failed with a CPI321E,
File SAVLF02C in library TPAULT2 deferred because of reason code 1.
Based-on file SAVPF02 in library PAULT1 did not exist when SAVLF02C was
being created for the restore.
The reason for the failure is that the LF was not in the same library as
the PF on source LPAR A and the libraries on target LPAR B have different
The automated process ends abnormally at this point with an incomplete
I added 2 changes to the automated process.
1) CPF0000 for the RSTLIBBRM with X-LIB LF (This allowed the automated
process to continue, even though there was a DFRID was created.
2) Immediately following the RSTLIBBRM, I added QSYS/RMVDFRID DFRID(*ALL).
(This cleared the DFRID for all future RSTLIBBRM.
My questions are how do most handle or code for the DFRID issue?
Depending on the scenario, sometimes the issue can be resolved by moving
the LF to the correct library and then SAVRSTOBJ only the LF that failed.
Other times, the entire process may be restarted from scratch.
A future check I intend is to identify any X-LIB LF on source LPAR A, move
the LF to the same library as the PF, thus eliminating any DFRID due to
IBM i Systems Administrator
Pencor Services, Inc.
462 Delaware Ave
Palmerton Pa 18071
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list
To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2015 by MIDRANGE dot COM and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available here. If you have questions about this, please contact