When production system was the i, I found that using a DEVD was more
reliable. We had a bunch of Lexmark printers. Most also had scanner heads
and other attachments. When configured as remote output queues, we had
unpredictable data loss. The printers did not have internal storage, so
the print stream just disappeared. Things got a bit ugly, as orders for
patient care disappeared. Not a good thing at a hospital. Most printer
DEVDs were created to use PJL. But, that was related to what the printer

John McKee