RE: *RMTSRV - What does this server do?

fixed

Talk to PowerTech. Ask if you can use their captured transaction feature to allow the DSTPGMCALL transactions you want to let through and not audit them.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sam_L
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2014 5:18 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: *RMTSRV - What does this server do?

Yes, but I think that is the license server that would be called. (And Powertech strongly suggest that you do not block the license server...)

I understand about 5250 access other than IBM i Access, which is partly why I'm currently logging the events. Seems like for each signon I get
4 calls to the DSTPGMCALL function of *RMTSRV, which is what I expect, from programs QGY/QGYSETG (can't find out what it does) and QSYS/QSYRTUFI (seems to be an API to get info about the user profile).

I'm wondering if I ignore *RMTSRV DSTPGMCALL, am I opening myself up for other unauthorized usage by clever folk trying for some other nefarious connection.

Sam