Recently there was a thread on this list about "was their cleaning tape
expired" or some such thing.
Just want to tell you, we have a 3576 (aka TS3310). We have an ethernet
cable in the back for diagnostics. This allows us a web interface, etc. I
actually use this quite a bit - for counting how many tapes I can fill it
up with it's a lot faster than the 5250 command. We've also put in all
the email routing stuff it needed to know.

This allowed me to get this email:

SR Serial Number: 1307242
SR Problem Summary: T047 - Drive Tape Alert 22 - Expired Cleaning Media
SR Error Code: 47
SR Severity: High
Drive Error Code: 0x2c06
Fault description:Tape Alert 22 Detected
Drive Location: [-1, 1]
Media Barcode: CLNU15L1
Logical Library: TAPKVL01
Drive Serial Number: 1310253756
Drive Firmware Version: C7QH
Drive Description: IBM LTO-4 FC

3576-MTL - SN 1307242 - High Priority Problem

REASON FOR AUTOMATED E-MAIL
RAS Status Changed
LibraryTime: 02/25/2014 01:03:56

TICKET SUMMARY
Ticket# 63
Name: T047 - Drive Tape Alert 22 - Expired Cleaning Media
State: UnOpened
Created: Date: Tue Feb 25 01:03:56
Type: Interactive Diagnostics Required

REPAIR AND TROUBLESHOOTING INSTRUCTIONS