On 24-Feb-2014 07:02 -0800, Briggs, Trevor (TBriggs2) wrote:
On 24-Feb-2014 06:26 -0800, Mike Cunningham wrote:

Files are like QACX47QVVT_wbsm
All start with <ed: prefix> "QACX" and end in <ed: suffix> _wbsm
with random characters between

Do you use Oracles's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne software? A Google
search shows:

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13932540991
1810&key=16db4928429becdf81154ba732c41cd7&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwebcache.goog
leusercontent <<SNIP>>

Or instead of that ridiculously long and probably temporal web cache link, the content reproduced in full and attributed below [in about the same number of bytes :-) ] from the link to the original content embedded within as the non-delimited string: <http%3A%2F%2Fe
1tips.com%2F2007%2F03%2F06%2Fqacx-files-in-ifs>:
<http://e1tips.com/2007/03/06/qacx-files-in-ifs/>
E1 Tips: Tips & Tricks of Oracle JDEdwards EnterpriseOne CNC Administrators
_QACX Files In The iSeries IFS_
March 6, 2007 Stewart Schatz
EnterpriseOne - General, IBM i/System i/iSeries/AS400
"We had almost 8000 QACXxxxxxx files in our tmp directory in the IFS on our System i Enterprise server. They didn’t seem to be causing any harm, but they were definitely taking up space.

According to Oracle (WARNING: you will need access to Oracle’s customer support site), these files are temporary and should be cleaned by the system when a UBE completes processing. So far, since I have been monitoring, the UBEs are completing successfully, but the QACX files are remaining in IFS.

According to the Oracle doc, these files can be deleted…preferably when E1 services are down to ensure that you do not delete something the system is using."

Or a direct download link for some Oracle documentation with what is presumably a relevant doc snippet with regard to the above tip, the following link and attribution info:
<http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24902_01/doc.91/e23315.pdf>
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Applications Installation Guide
Applications Release 9.1 and Tools Release 9.1.x for IBMi with DB2/400
E23315-11
January 2014
"...
4.3.8 _Cleaning Up From Prior Installations_
If you have previously run the Platform Pack installer on your IBM i machine, prior to re-running it you must ensure that all QACX ' files are cleared from this folder:
\tmp\

..."