From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James H. H. Lampert
Sent: 22. februar 2014 02:00
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Now another question on retrieving messages other than requests

Here's the scenario:

I'm calling Scott Klement's JDBCR4 service program (actually, my own expanded version thereof, but...). I try to connect to a system that rejects the connection. A procedure in the service program puts a diagnostic message in the joblog, a CPF9897 with the text (at least in the version of the scenario I can readily reproduce) "The application server rejected the connection. (General security error.)"

I want to be able to retrieve and display this diagnostic from the program (ILE RPG, FWIW, but this is presumably a system API question, not an RPG question) that called JDBCR4.

If F9 the message, I get (and JDBCR4QV is my expanded JDBCR4):

From program . . . . . . . . . : JDBCR4QV
From library . . . . . . . . : AQUESTVIEW
From module . . . . . . . . : JDBCR4
From procedure . . . . . . . : JNI_CHECKERROR
From statement . . . . . . . : 7209

To program . . . . . . . . . . : JDBCR4QV
To library . . . . . . . . . : AQUESTVIEW
To module . . . . . . . . . : JDBCR4
To procedure . . . . . . . . : JNI_CHECKERROR
To statement . . . . . . . . : 7209

I can see the message by doing a DSPJOBLOG, but I can't figure out how to make the calling program see it. Can I do so without further modifications to my expanded JDBCR4?

--
JHHL