Re: how to operate an HMC

fixed

to reduce confusion can I use the ETH0 port on the HMC as the port that
connects to the 520 server?

the HMC has old server configurations from its former life. Should I delete
all of that?

If I use "change network settings" to uncheck "enable DHCP server for eth0"
on the ETH0 adapter will that mess up the HMC? That is I just use the HMC
to talk direct to the 520. No DHCP, no default gateway, no additional 5706
network card.

thanks,