I have an HMC connected to the HMC port of a 520. But I am seeing no sign
that the HMC sees the 520 at all. Are there some basic instructions I can
follow to connect the HMC?

The service processor of the 520 is working to the extent that I can
connect a browser to it and login. Now I want to connect the HMC in order
to update the firmware of the 520.

The HMC is a standalone PC. When I login to it, it says the software is

On the HMC PC is a 5706 card. This card has 2 network ports. Currently I
have a network cable from one of the ports on the 5706 card to HMC1 on the

In the HMC config, under the "servers" tab I have created a server. The
name is "". Which is also the IP address of that server. And
the IP address of the HMC1 port of the 520.

Since this HMC has 3 network ports, the 1 on the motherboard and the 2 on
the 5706 card, do I have to specify that the server is using
one of these network ports? When I click on the server config I don't see
any prompt where I can change the network port it uses or the IP of the
server it connects to.