Hi All

I'm replacing a pair of 5903's with a pair of 5913's in a 750; intention is
to allow an additional 5887 tray to be attached to the system.

The 5903 cards are housed in a 5877 and the partition owning the cards will
be powered down to effect the change. There are cards owned by other
partitions in the 5877.

Do I need to power off the entire 5877 and therefore shut down the other
partition as well, or am I OK to replace the cards once the owning
partition is powered down ? Should I/can I power off the individual slots
as part of the install ?

The pre-reqs page also tells me to verify the firmware on the 5877 is at
the right level - does anyone have any hints ore references as to how I
would determine this ?

The partition the cards will be assigned to is running V6R1M1 and will be
updated to resave level M prior to the hardware change, along with the
latest cume, hiper and group PTFs.

Any and all advice appreciated.