From: Mark S Waterbury <mark.s.waterbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, 20 February 2014, 20:24
Subject: Re: Upgrading from V5R4 to 7.1. Java Classic to IT4J

Hi, Mark:

On a recently installed copy of IBM i 7.1, with the latest CUMe PTFs
etc. applied, GO LICPGM option 10, paging down, I see this:

  Licensed  Installed
  Program  Release Description
  5761JV1  V6R1M0      J2SE 5.0 32 bit
  5761JV1  V6R1M0      J2SE 5.0 64 bit
  5761JV1  V6R1M0      Java SE 6 32 bit
  5761JV1  V6R1M0      Java SE 6 64 bit
  5761JV1  V6R1M0      J2SE 1.4 64 bit

Pressing F11 for the alternate view, I see:

5761JV1    8 J2SE 5.0 32 bit
5761JV1    9      J2SE 5.0 64 bit
5761JV1    11      Java SE 6 32 bit
5761JV1    12      Java SE 6 64 bit
5761JV1    13      J2SE 1.4 64 bit

A google search for "ibm i 7.1 how to specify which jvm to use" gave
this as the first result:

    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1011867

This page describes setting the JAVA_HOME environment variable, with
links to various pages in the InfoCenter for details.

Hope that helps,

Mark S. Waterbury