Re: Limited or Full Color Support

fixed

On 2/19/14 4:31 PM, Vernon Hamberg wrote:
As to being limited to the 7 plus black - I suppose you COULD put
different background colors out there in PC5250 - oh what a rainbow
effect we could have, right?

Actually, our emulator (available as part of our Wintouch and ThinView products) allows you to even have a background image. Which is something I came up with mainly in self-defense: I could easily have emulation sessions open on a dozen different systems at once, and God forbid I do something on the wrong one!

And in fact, you can play around with background colors on a 3489, which can be very useful for determining at a glance which "side" of the terminal is active: I have the usual black background on session 1; a dark green for 2, a dark blue for 3, and a dark brown for 4. And if you split the screen between two sides, the active split and the status line both show the correct background color, while the inactive split shows a fifth background color.

--
JHHL