You can use either MFRTYPMDL(? working from memory here) or WSCST, which is a workstation customization object. See the Workstation Customization Programming reference manual for info on building a WSCST. It's also a good read for understanding HPT.

First step is to make sure your remote OUTQ is set up with TRANSFORM(*YES). There's good information here https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1010090. Be sure to scroll down to the links towards the bottom of the page for configuring various types of remote outqueues.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jack Tucky" <jacktucky@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 2:02 PM
Subject: Re: Problem printing to remote Outq

How can I get HPT to do that ? By the manufacturer model?

Thanks, jack

On Feb 17, 2014, at 6:06 PM, "Dan Kimmel" <dkimmel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You're going to have to let HPT transform the AFPDS into ASCII with carriage
returns and line feeds while it is being sent to the LPD. LPD means "Line
Printer Deaemon" and the default LPD is not very smart. It doesn't
necessarily do anything with fonts or graphics. So you'll have to be sure to
set up HPT with a workstation customization that matches the capabilities of
the LPD.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jack Tucky" <jacktucky@xxxxxxxxx>